INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
H&C collects personally identifying information when you register for a H&C account, when you enter promotions or sweepstakes and when you visit H&C pages or the pages of certain H&C partners outside the branded H&C network of websites following a referral from H&C.
- When you register with H&C, we ask for your name, email address, post code, and personal interests. Once you register with H&C and sign in to our website, you are not anonymous to us.
- H&C also automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, H&C cookie information and the page you requested.
- H&C uses information for the following general purposes: to personalise the advertising and content you see, based on the details given by you at registration and your activity at H&C, fulfil your requests for products and services, improve our services, contact you, conduct research, and provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients.
Should you not wish to receive personalised advertisements while on the H&C Websites, you may need to disable cookies and/or opt out of off-network targeting. Note that disabling cookies will prevent you from logging into your H&C account to use advanced features like sharing, commenting, rating content and submitting events. Please see section on Cookies below for more information.
INFORMATION SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
H&C will not sell or rent your personally identifiable information to anyone. H&C may send personally identifiable information about you to other companies or people when:
- We have your consent to share the information;
- We need to share your information to provide the product or service you have requested;
- We need to send the information to companies who work on behalf of H&C to provide a product or service to you; (Unless we tell you differently, these companies do not have any right to use the personally identifiable information we provide to them beyond what is necessary to assist us.); or
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders, legal process, or to any legitimate request by authorities with which we must comply.
H&C may set and access an H&C cookie on your computer. H&C allows other companies that are presenting advertisements on some of our pages to set and access their cookies on your computer. Other companies’ use of their cookies is subject to their own privacy policies, not this one. Advertisers or other companies do not have access to H&C’s cookies. H&C uses web beacons to access our cookies within our sites, in connection with H&C products and services and to track your activities on our advertisers and partners’ websites. For more information on cookies refer to the Help section.
Account Information – When you register for an H&C Account or submit information to H&C, a temporary copy of that information is routinely made to prevent accidental loss of your information through a computer malfunction or human error. H&C keeps your account information active in our user registration databases in order to provide immediate access to your personalisation preferences and advanced features each time you visit the H&C website. As H&C servers (specialized computers) send you web pages and advertising banners, they process and store an enormous amount of information which is recorded and stored (or “logged”) daily on “log” files. These log files are used for analysis, research, auditing, and other purposes, as described above. Once this information has been used, it’s stored for safekeeping and is no longer easily accessible; however, until the information is stored, your H&C ID may remain in our active server’s log files.
YOUR ABILITY TO EDIT AND DELETE YOUR ACCOUNT INFORMATION AND PREFERENCES
H&C gives you the ability to edit your H&C Account Information and preferences at any time, including whether you want H&C to contact you about specials, new products and for customer feedback. You may request deletion of your H&C account by contacting our Customer Care team and confirming your choice to terminate the account. In most cases, upon receiving your request for deletion, your account will be deactivated and then deleted from our user registration database in approximately 90 days. This delay is necessary to discourage users from engaging in fraudulent activity. Please note that any information that we have copied may remain in back-up storage for some period of time after your deletion request. This may be the case even though no information about your account remains in our active user databases.
POSTING ON PUBLICLY ACCESSIBLE AREAS
A publicly accessible area is any area of H&C that is accessible by the general public and may be indexed by search engines. H&C offers you the opportunity to post, submit and exchange content and information on publicly accessible areas, such as leaving comments on specific shows, blogs, or submitting an Event for publication. You should exercise caution if you choose to disclose personally identifiable information in a publicly accessible area. Remember that this information may remain indefinitely in the publicly accessible area of the Service. You are solely responsible for any personally identifiable information that you disclose and disseminate on publicly accessible areas. If you have a concern about any personally identifiable information you have posted on any publicly accessible areas and are unable to delete or edit it, please refer your query to Customer Care.
CONFIDENTIALITY AND SECURITY
No data transmission over the Internet or information storage technology can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, H&C takes the security and protection of your personal data very seriously:
- We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with our legal obligations to protect personal information about you.
- We limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
H&C may store, process and/or transfer personal data to countries outside of the EEA, to carefully selected business partners. Data is transferred outside of the EEA for the purposes of business and data management, or to undertake outsourced data processing on behalf of H&C. By using H&C’s products and services you consent to our transferring your information to countries outside the EEA, if necessary, for H&C’s legitimate business purposes as outlined above. H&C will take reasonable steps to ensure your information is adequately protected.
H&C may amend this policy from time to time. If we make any substantial changes in the way we use your personal information we will notify you by posting a prominent announcement on our pages.
YOUR RIGHTS TO ACCESS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Data Protection Act (1998) gives you the right to access any information we hold about you. You can contact our Customer Care Department for more details on how to access this information.